Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It's time to cook for dinner. After staring at my fridge for a while, I decided to make a chicken wings dish. I want to eat something sweet and spicy today. So I try to create my own chicken wings recipe. The result turns out not so bad. Well, not spicy enough for me. But still good. This recipe goes very well with hot steamed rice. Yum!


Ingredients :
  • 10 Chicken wings
  • 1/2 medium onion, minced
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbs tomato sauce
  • 1 tbs sweet soy sauce
  • 1 tbs worcester sauce
  • 1 tsp paprika powder
  • 1/4 tsp ginger powder
  • 3 tbs sweet chili sauce (or more)
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3 tbs honey + 2 tbs sweet chili sauce, mixed 

Preparation :
  1. In a pan, heat 3 tbs vegetable oil
  2. Add minced onion and garlic into preheated oil, saute until the onion become translucent.
  3. Add water, tomato sauce, soy sauce, worcester sauce, paprika powder, ginger powder, and sweet chili sauce into the pan. Stir them together.
  4. Add chicken wings into the pan. Stir them together until they are coated with the sauce.
  5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven 200 C  (400 F) and prepare an ovenproof dish.
  6. Let them cooked at low-medium heat for about 10 min. Turn them over. 
     

  7. Continue to cook them until almost all of the water are evaporated. (it will take about 10 more minutes)
  8. Turn off the heat and place the chicken wings into an ovenproof dish. 
  9. Coat all of them with mixed honey and sweet chili sauce using a pastry brush.
  10. Put them into preheated oven for about 10 minutes
  11. Take the chicken wings out, and coat them again with honey mixture.
  12. Put them back into the oven for about 10 minutes.
  13. Serve them hot with sliced cucumber and tomato.

I didn't only serve the chicken wings with sliced cucumber and tomato, but with leftover onion from the pan. When i transfer the wings into the oven, i left all the onion and all the spices in the pan. I continue to cook them for 1-2 minutes, and transfer them into a small bowl.

When i eat my dinner, i took a little bit of this onion and mix them up with my hot steamed rice. It tasted great. It was sweet, a little bit spicy, and made my chicken wing tasted even better. I'm definitely going to make this dish again next time. 


Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment