Monday, December 16, 2013

Do you still remember my craziness buying a lot of fresh pasta on sale? I've made perline pasta with creamy lemon chicken mushroom sauce before. I've made spinach lasagna and ravioli soup as well. This time I make another ravioli dish. I'm going to try to make a ravioli with cheese sauce.


I'm using tomato ravioli filled in with cheese and basil. It has orange color because it use tomato juice for its skin as a coloring agent. I think it's pretty, isn't it? I usually make a spinach, tomato and bacon sauce for my ravioli but I think something different won't hurt. Besides, It is very simple, fast, and easy to make. The ingredients are not hard to find as well. And of course you can use another type of pasta but I just want to try it with tomato ravioli that i have now. :-)

Ingredients :
  • 1 pack (250 grams) fresh tomato ravioli
  • 3 tbs (45 grams) unsalted butter 
  • 2 tbs flour
  • 1 1/2 cup grated cheese
  • 1- 1 1/2 cup milk
  • salt and black pepper
  • fresh parsley

Preparation :
  1. Bring water to a boil in a big pot.
  2. Once it's boiled throw a pinch of salt and ravioli into the pot.
  3. Boil the pasta and pay attention to the cooking direction on the package.
  4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in the sauce pan.
  5. Once it's melted, add the flour and keep stirring on a low heat for about 1 minute
  6. Add milk gradually into the sauce pan and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth.
  7. Add grated cheese and keep stirring until all the cheese is melted. If the sauce is too thick, add more milk.
  8. Adjust the taste with salt and ground black pepper.
  9. Drain the ravioli and serve it on a place. 
  10. Pour the cheese sauce on the top of ravioli and sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley.

Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment