Saturday, June 7, 2014

Yeah. It's good to be back!!

I've been very busy lately which has made me barely had a time to write something in here. My daughter's ballet recital, first communion, etc. Not mentioning all the preparation for all those events. Well, now they're all over and I think it's time to sit and write something in here.

This time, I would like to share one of my favorite pasta recipe. Creamy Tuna Pasta. My husband is tuna lover and my daughter is a pasta lover. If my daughter wants to have pasta for dinner, I mostly make spaghetti bolognese. It's easy and simple to make. Basically, I only need ground beef, onion, and bolognese sauce from a jar. It taste delicious at the first time (I was not really good at cooking back than). But after many times, I get bored with it and want to try something else.


Inspired by one of Pizza Hut's menu in Indonesia, fusilli tuna pedas (fusilli with spicy tuna). By combining my husband and my daughter's favorite food,  I tried to create a similar menu, pasta with tuna sauce. After all cutting, and sauteing all the ingredients, it's time to taste the result. Yum!!  It was not disappointing at all. :-)

Ingredients :
  • 250 grams short pasta (I'm using fusilli)
  • 1 can (185 grams) of canned tuna in oil
  • 1 medium shallot (about 3 Indonesian shallots), minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
  • 1/2 red paprika, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 green paprika, cut into small pieces
  • 60 ml heavy cream
  • 40 ml milk
  • 6 tbs tomato sauce
  • 5 tbs sweet chili sauce
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • salt and black pepper
  • 3/4 tsp tabasco (optional)
  • Some grated cheese
Tip : Feel free to add some vegetables on the sauce. You can add carrot, zucchini, mushroom, broccoli, etc. Just make sure they are sauteed well. 

Preparation :
  1. Fill in a big pot with water (until 2/3 of the way) and bring it to boil.
  2. Once it's boiled, add some salt and the paste into the water.
  3. Boil the pasta and pay attention to the cooking direction on the package to make sure the pasta is cooked well.
  4. Meanwhile, in a big pan, preheat about 6 tbs oil from canned tuna and discard the rest of the oil from the can.
  5. Saute minced shallot and garlic until they become aromatic.
  6. Add paprika and tomatoes cubes and stir until they become soft and the tomatoes start to release all the juice.
  7. Add tomato sauce, sweet chili sauce, heavy cream, milk, nutmeg, and tabasco (optional), and stir again.
  8. Add tuna into the sauce and mix it well.
  9. Add salt and ground black pepper into the sauce, stir, and reduce the heat.
  10. At this point, the pasta should be done and cooked well.
  11. Drain the pasta and add them into the sauce.
  12. Mix the pasta and the sauce together.
  13. Turn off the heat.
  14. Serve the pasta on a plate and add some grated cheese on top.



Tagged: , ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment