Sunday, November 24, 2013

Out of nowhere, this morning, I suddenly really wanted to eat something sweet. Not only sweet but very sweet. I want to eat chocolate cake. So, I grabbed my recipe book and tried to find the recipe. Before I find the recipe that i wanted, I read my fudgy brownie recipe. I got this recipe from Laura in the kitchen channel in youtube few months ago. This brownies is great. It's rich, sticky, and taste very chocolate.



It seems this brownie is good enough to satisfied my mouth (and my mood) today. Forget about chocolate cake. I want to eat this brownie and do not want to wait any longer, let's get started!!

Ingredients :

  • 145 grams room temperature unsalted butter
  • 180 grams pure dark chocolate, melted
  • 200 grams white granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs cocoa powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tbs warm water
  • 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
  • 85 grams all purpose flour
Tip : For the pan, you can use regular 20 cm (8 inches) square brownie pan. But because i don't have any small square pan, I use 20 cm round pan and it works perfectly.

Preparation :
  1. Preheat oven for 180 C (350 F)
  2. Prepare a brownie pan, grease it with butter and cover it with baking paper including the side of the pan because this brownie could be sticky and difficult to remove it from the pan.
  3. In a small bowl, dilute instant coffee powder into the warm water. Set aside.
  4. In a big bowl, mix together butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
  5. Add egg, vanilla extract, and coffee into the butter and mix them together until well combined.
  6. Add melted chocolate into the mixture and  mix again. 
  7. Add flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and mix again until they are incorporated and the texture become to look like a mousse. 
  8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and don't forget to level the surface.
  9. Put it into preheated oven and bake it for about 40-45 minutes.
  10. After it's done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 30 minutes before cut it into pieces to prevent the cake become crumbly . 

This is what it looks after I cut it into pieces. Enjoy! :-)

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment