Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sometimes it could be a little bit frustrating becoming a stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong. Being a mom and wife is great. But all those daily and repeatable quests from day to day sometimes could make me get bored and having a very bad mood. Yeah I'm a moody person. So, to entertain myself, I usually go to the grocery store and thinking, imagining what I could make for dinner, or snack, or lunch. I love to wander around just to check what item that has a big sale, comparing one store to another store and so on. That what I did last week. And when my eyes stumble on the big sale board on my favorite pasta shelf, I was so happy. That means I will be able to make some delicious pasta dish. Yaaaay!!! My brain started to work fast and thinking and combining all the ingredients that possible. I hope no one noticed my big grin while I was standing near that shelf. Look what I've bought! (I bought 7 actually and already used 2 of them)


I managed to serve a pretty good pasta for dinner few days ago. I made perline pasta with creamy lemon chicken mushroom sauce. Perline pasta is one of few types of filled pasta. Basically, it is same with tortellini or ravioli, but it is shaped like money bag. There are a lot of thing that can be used for their filling, such as cheese, prosciutto, spinach, mushroom, and many thing else.



Ingredients (for serving 3 person) :
  • 250 grams perline pasta 
  • 300 grams boneless skinless chicken, cut into cubes
  • 150 grams champignon mushroom, thinly slices
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 70 ml white wine
  • 150 ml milk
  • 3 1/2 tbs flour 
  • 3/4 tbs lemon juice
  • lemon zest
  • olive oil
  • salt and black pepper
  • some parsley
Tip : I was using cheese perline pasta. You can always use perline with any kind of filling that you want. 

Preparation :
  1. Fill in a big pot with water (until 2/3 of the way) and bring it to boil.
  2. Once it's boiled, add some salt and the paste into the water.
  3. Boil the pasta and pay attention to the cooking direction on the package to make sure the pasta is cooked well.
  4. Meanwhile, in a big pan, preheat about 5 tbs olive oil.
  5. Put minced garlic into preheated oil and saute until fragrance.
  6. Add mushroom and chicken cubes into the pan and saute it until the chicken is cooked.
  7. Add white wine and keep stirring until all the alcohol is evaporated.
  8. Add flour into the pan and stir again for awhile. Be careful not to burn the flour.
  9. Pour some milk, lemon juice and lemon zest into the chicken mixture and keep stirring.
  10. Adjust the taste with salt and ground black pepper
  11. At this point the pasta should be done. Drain it well.
  12. Serve the pasta on the plate and pour the chicken sauce on the top.
  13. Garnish with some chopped parsley and olive oil. 

Tagged: , ,

1 comment :

  1. i LOVE PERLINE PASTA STUFFED WITH PROUSUITTO, BUT TRADER JOES DOES NOT SELL
    IT ANYMORE. WHERE CAN I BUY YOUR PICTURED BRAND "VERSE PASTA"? CAN IT BE MAAIL ORDERED?

    ReplyDelete