Sunday, October 20, 2013

My son is growing bigger now and getting curious on everything. He likes to play and make a mess all around. For example, two days ago he managed to get 2 eggs on his hand and broke them all. Yeah!! Thanks to him, now I have two broken eggs. I managed to save the egg yolk but the egg white had to go to the trash can. I don't really want to make an egg yolk omelette. I think I can make some mini egg tarts using those egg yolks. My friends are going to come to visit soon as well and I think it will be a nice treats for them.


The problem is I didn't have time neither too lazy to make the pie crust like the other egg pie. Well, I still have ready to use puff pastry. I think I can use it instead of making pie crust. It is easy to make, simple, and delicious. My daughter love it, my friends like it, and I know my husband will love me more. After baking process, the tart's shape is not too pretty maybe because I didn't make a deep bowl from my pastry. I was too afraid if the tart can't be removed from the tin (The fact, there were 4-5 tarts that can't be removed easily). But it doesn't matter. They're still delicious.

Maybe I wasted 2 egg whites because of my son curiosity but on other side I could create 30 yummy mini egg tarts.


Ingredients (for making 28-30 egg tarts) : 
  • 2 egg yolks + 1 egg
  • 70 grams white granulated sugar
  • 150 ml milk
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 10 x 10 cm 30 layer puff pastry (I'm using 6 layer of 20 x 20 cm ready to use puff pastry)
Preparation :
  1. Preheat oven for 190 C (374 F)
  2. Prepare mini muffin tins and grease it with butter. Set aside
  3. In a bowl, mix together egg yolks, egg, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract using a wire whisk.
  4. Using a strainer, strain the custard batter to remove the egg lump
  5. Arrange the puff pastry in the muffin tin and press it a little bit to make a small bowl on the muffin tin.
  6. Pour egg custard into the puff pastry bowl. 1-2 tsp for each bowl.
  7. Put the muffin tin into the preheated oven and bake them for about 20-25 minutes or until the pastry become golden brown.
  8. Take the muffin tin out from the oven and let the pastry cool for a bit before they can be removed from the tin. 




Tagged: , , ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment